Free shipping to the continental US
How to Replace
1. Relieve fuel system pressure by disconnecting the fuel pump fuse or relay and running the engine until it stalls.
2. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
3. Locate the fuel injectors in the intake manifold or the cylinder head.
4. Remove the fuel rail that the injectors are attached to, and then remove the fuel injectors from the rail.
5. Install the new fuel injectors into the fuel rail and reattach the fuel rail to the engine.
6. Reconnect the negative battery cable.
7. Turn the ignition on for 20-30 seconds to pressurize the fuel system, and then start the engine.
|Material||Iron & Plastic|
|Compatible Model||Mercury 150HP Optimax|
|Mercury 115 OptiMax||2004-2018 2.5L|
|Mercury 135 OptiMax||1998-2018 2.5L|
|Mercury 150 OptiMax||1998-2018 2.5L|
|Mercury 175 OptiMax||1998-2018 2.5L|
Fuel injectors should be cleaned every 30,000 to 50,000 miles or as needed. The frequency of cleaning or replacement depends on various factors such as the quality of fuel used, driving conditions, and the age of the vehicle.
Cleaning fuel injector is relatively straightforward. If you have knowledge of auto mechanics and complete tools, you can refer to our blog of The Must-Know Guide to Fuel Injector Cleaning. If you still feel confused, please ask for professional assistance.
· Wear & Tear
· Electrical Problems
· Fuel Pressure Issues
· Fuel Contamination
· Poor Maintenance
You may need to replace the fuel injector if:
· Engine Misfires
· Decreased Fuel Efficiency
· Engine Hesitates or Stalls
· Poor Engine Performance
· Increased Emissions
· Poor Maintenance
· Engine Runs Rough or Has a Rough Idle
Certainly, it is best to consult a professional mechanic to diagnose the issue and determine if it is necessary to replace the fuel injector.
Yes, poor fuels often contain more dirt, debris, water, and other contaminants, which can clog the fuel injectors over time. And they may lack some detergents and additives, leading to deposit buildup on the fuel injector and reduce its ability to properly atomize the fuel.
There is a compatibility list as a guide on the page of Vehicle Fitment for you. If you are still uncertain, please contact with the customer service.
Yes, our fuel injectors adopt high quality material to withstand high temperature, high pressure, and corrosive fuels. Simultaneously, you need to regularly maintain and clean them to prolong their lifespan.